Missing the control circle on #2 from the large stones about 75m away, +5 min. Then too large a detour to #5 and about +4 min there. Otherwise mostly OK. Maybe +12 C and glimpses of sun.
Time to start the autumn orienteering season - itärastit starts this week, and there are three firmaliiga events starting next tuesday.
OK going on #1-#4, then quite challenging legs and controls on #5-#7. Had no good plan for finding #10, just wandering in the right direction, when a clearer plan via the stone lower down the hill would have been better.
- #17 zigzag down the hill in the wrong direction - there would have been a path to take..
- #6 a small hook inside the control circle
- #8 ran well past the control to #11 and then slowly back to punch at #8
- again past #9 to take a look at #10. The slightly the wrong direction towards #9
- on #25 I passed close, but above, the control and then circled back.
Sprint-like course in Helsinki central park. 23 legs over 7 km is about 300 m per leg on average.
Three-four smaller and larger mistakes.
- after a good start at #1 I zigzag towards #2 via the wrong hill. maybe +1min
- down from #3 I take the wrong path to the bigger road. maybe +1min
- towards #14 I should have taken the same path as on the #9-#10 leg but instead make a loop to the right. +2min at least
- Out of #18 I first have the map 180-degrees wrong and take a few steps south before realizing I should go north. Then I read the #6-#5 line for a while before realizing I should go to #19. Crossing lines like this are always dangerous! Maybe +2min and the worst split.