- Quality Time - compare to Brownian motion.
- Polar Bear in a Snowstorm Jigsaw Puzzle - when you have nothing else to do...
- APOD - this Finnish astrophotographer has already had two of his photos selected as astronomy picture of the day by NASA!
- Autostitch -
- Six Months Over Bristol - a pinhole photograph exposed for six months!
- Shooting the Shuttle -
- Gigapixel Tokyo -
- Units and order of magnitude estimates. -
- Transportation Fail -
- Winter Driving Fail -
- Bridge Fail -
- January 12, 2009: Yes it Can -
- January 30, 2009: Write Right...but don't try. - "The best way to develop a style of writing that is appropriate, is to read as much as possible"
- January 25, 2009: Measuring the ‘kick’ of a photon leaving a fiber! -
- January 30, 2009: Bush finally gets that monument in Iraq! -
- January 29, 2009: Pi, Geometric and Recursive -
- January 28, 2009: Just posted! Canon 50mm F1.8 II lens review -
- January 7, 2009: Stars -
- January 23, 2009: Sumbody to love -
- January 30, 2009: Hyper Surfaces -
- January 30, 2009: adaptive roughing - this open-source CAM effort is making nice progress
- January 30, 2009: ISS Images by Laurent Langelez - our future newtonian is about the same size as the scope used to take these pics. I bet catching and guiding the scope on ISS is pretty hard!
- January 26, 2009: Pictures of Eclipse from Indonesia -
- January 27, 2009: Bisecting a toolpath to tolerance -
A VOR-like model yacht under construction: http://riku.ullatus.com/vene/
Cleaning glass: http://www.arksky.org/asoclean.htm
Contribute to science by playing FoldIt: http://fold.it/portal/
A 10" Ritchey-Chretien telescope http://www.kehusmaa-astro.com/2009/01/22/deep-sky-instruments-rc10c-arrived